Let’s flip the script and take a more positive attitude towards entering midlife. Because there are so many things to look forward to – and life is very much what you make it.
10 Things to Look Forward to in Midlife
- You’ve found a sense of identity and aren’t afraid to be true to yourself. You’ve discovered things you love and have a good understanding of who you are and what makes you happy.
- You have made mistakes and learned from them. You are resilient! Life has thrown things at you, and you have overcome.
- You have more time to focus on YOU. As kids grow up and you settle into your career, you have more time to do the things you love.
- You have realized that the essential things in life are the people in it. You’re less concerned with what strangers think and want to focus your love and attention on those closest to you.
- You aren’t afraid to ask for what you want, to set goals and go after them.
- You know there is no such thing as a ‘perfect life,’ and we are all just doing our best to navigate.
- You are learning to tame your inner critic and tell it no thank you.
- You have a great support system to lift you and help you succeed.
- You’re learning to say no to things that don’t serve you and to stand up for the things you believe in.
- You are learning to trust yourself, your judgement, and your gut instincts.
How to Navigate Midlife with a Positive Mindset.
Create long-term goals with meaning. Focusing your energy on creating things that give you a sense of purpose gives you something to look forward to and a confidence boost when you reach your goal!
Don’t be afraid to try something new. The biggest regrets in life are the chances you didn’t take. It’s good to be a rookie at something during every stage in your life. Learning something new builds confidence and is excellent for your brain! Take a class, start a side business, or pick up a new hobby.
Keep your eyes and mind open. There are opportunities all around you! If you aren’t ready to jump into something new – take it slow. Create a plan and transition slowly if that’s more comfortable for you.
Create a support group of like-minded people in the same life stage as you. Having people on your side who understand everything you are feeling can help you navigate it all. Try a Facebook Group, volunteer within your community, or reach out to friends you’ve lost touch with.
Don’t run away from your feelings. Significant life transitions are challenging, and facing your emotions is essential for keeping a positive mindset. Talk about how you feel, start a journal, or meet with a therapist.
Midlife is what you make it – there are so many things to look forward to. Now is your time to design a life you love!
If you are looking to meet other fun and fearless women, join our Facebook group. We’d love to have you!